SmarTest: Intelligent Bluetooth sensor for coating thickness measurement
SmarTest is an intelligent wireless sensor for non-destructive coating thickness measurement and relays sensor data via Bluetooth to your tablet, smart phone or to the coating thickness gauge MiniTest 745.
The radio sensor SmarTest is 16 mm / 0.63″ in diameter and 125 mm / 4.92″ in length somewhat like a thick ballpoint pen and weighs just 48 g / 1.7 oz.
This means that you can carry the SmarTest with you anywhere.
The standard scope of supply comes with the F 2.6 or FN 2.6 sensor, which has been specially optimised for measuring on thin auto body sheets and can be used for a sheet thickness downwards of 0.3 mm / 12 mils.
You can connect any SIDSP sensor to SmarTest and cover a wide range of coating thickness measurement tasks.
It is very simple to operate the SmarTest:
- Start the SmarTest app on the mobile device
- Switch on the wireless sensor and the Bluetooth connection is established automatically
- Take measurements
The SmarTest app helps you through all steps with context-sensitive help texts in 4 languages currently.
There are two measuring modes available:
- Single value mode
The measurement values are taken individually and displayed. This enables you to take coating thickness values of the object to be measured at multiple points and then to evaluate them statistically.
- Continuous mode
After placing the sensor the measuring values are taken continuously and displayed. This mode is suited for calculation of layer thickness distribution on a restricted surface and to locate the thin and thick sections. The measuring values calculated on continuous mode can be saved in the statistics by briefly pressing the power button.
Control / Data Transfer
Sensor control and data transfer of the measuring values is done via Bluetooth 4.0 / Bluetooth Smart (low energy). The sensor and mobile device can be placed about 10 m away from each other, even farther under good transmission conditions.
The SmarTest app shows the current measuring values, the statistical evaluation and helps store control and calibration of the sensor.
There is an option of the metric (μm, mm) and imperial (mils) formats for display and processing of measuring values.
Storage and transfer / download of measuring values is done in the CSV format.
Three calibration modes are available:
- Manufacturers calibration
- 1-point calibration on the uncoated object to be measured (zero point calibration)
- 2-point calibration (zero point calibration + 1 layer/sheet)
Non-destructive coating thickness measurement of:
- Non-magnetic coatings like varnishes, enamels, chromium and zinc on ferromagnetic base materials (e.g. steel)
- Insulating coatings like varnishes and anodising aluminium on nonferrous metals (e.g. aluminium, austenitic stainless steel, brass)
- Precision coating thickness gauge with digital sensor
- Can be connected to any SIDSP sensor
- Transfer of measuring data via Bluetooth, range of approx. 10 m
- Display and operation by app in 4 languages currently (German, English, French and Chinese)
- Wear resistant probes with a virtually unlimited life
- Optimal temperature compensation by individual compensation characteristic curves
- High precision characteristic curves with up to 50 support points in the manufacturer’s calibration
- Battery charge lasts for more than 8 hours of operation
- Batteries are charged using a mini USB socket
- Internal battery control prevents incorrect measurements caused by low battery charge
- Storage and transmission of measuring data in the CSV format
Scope of delivery
- SmarTest with F 2.6 or FN 2.6 sensor
- Calibration set with calibration standards and zero reference plate(s)
- USB charger with mini USB cable
- Operating manual
- Manufacturer’s certificate
- Storage case